Gulf Shores, Alabama
AAHRA Annual Conference
Registration Packet (for PHAs)
Exhibitor/Professional Registration Packet
- Online registration is by credit/debit card only
- If you are paying by check - click HERE
- You may register online through July 30 with no late fee. After that it will increase by $50.
- Online registration will end on August 19. You may pay by check onsite at the Conference.
- Sorry - NO REFUNDS
- If you plan to register different people than at past events - click "Start a New Registration" to avoid pre-population problems.
- Contact Tom Wachs for registration problems.
Bay Point Hotel Link
(Note: Edgewater Beach Resort is the overflow hotel-about 15 minutes away. Call 800.874.8686 and ask for Alabama Housing Group Booking 10Z9X1. Also can be found below at Room Block Codes & Rates)
Room Block Codes and Rates
Scholarship Golf Tournament
NEW Sheraton Bay Point Spa Brochure
NAHRO Commissioners Training - FAQ
- When is it? The NAHRO Commissioner Training is a 2 class certification with a class offered at each Annual Meeting.
- Does it conflict with any other training at the Conference? We will have 2 commissioner training tracks running concurrently so if someone doesn’t want to attend the NAHRO training there will be something offered.
- Is it actually training for Commissioners? Yes
- Is this training included in the registration fee or is it an additional $200? Additional $200 per person
- Is it any different from the standard AAHRA Commissioner training? Yes, by completing both classes you would receive a NAHRO certification
Scholarship Winners/Families - FAQ
- How many tickets does each scholarship winner get? Each winner gets 2 tickets to the Scholarship Dinner
- What if a winner wants to bring more than 2 people to the Scholarship Dinner? The additional individuals will have to register as a guest and pay the $200 guest registration.
- Can they pay for only the Scholarship Dinner? No. There are no individual event fees.
(all of these are on the AAHRA app)
- Complete Agenda
- Conference Handouts
- Complete List of Sponsors
- Director of Public Safety
- Assistant Vice-President of Housing Operations
- Human Resources Specialist
- Homeownership Lease-Purchase Facilitator
- Resident Services Coordinator-ROSS
- Compliance Data Analyst
- Application Data Entry Clerk
(July 25) Phenix City - Maintenance Mechanic
(July 26) Millport - Executive Director
(Aug 1) Jefferson Co. - Maintenance Mechanic
(Aug 7) Sylacauga
REVISED (August 13, 2018) Updated Territory Assignments, Telephone Directory
Notice PIH 2018-03 Using Operating Funds for Capital Fund Purposes
Effectively immediately, send all incoming correspondence via email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please send correspondence in pdf format.
This mailbox will be monitored by four (4) of our staff and routed to the appropriate specialist for processing no later than the day after receipt. Please do not follow up with a hard copy in the mail.
* HUD phone numbers and territory assignments are updated at the bottom of the page under the Alabama State HUD Office information.
Upcoming Training Opportunities
NEW Financial Hot Topics for New Directors
Hands On - Servicing Refrigerators
Huntsville HA - Sept 11-12
NEW Procurement & Contracts Management
Phenix City, AL
Thank you for your support!
- Arthur J. Gallagher
- SACS Software (Scott Accounting)
- Aiken Housing Design Architecture, Inc
- Air Engineers - Trane Wholesale Distrubutor
- ALL Temp Windows
- Allstate Insurance (Worthy)
- Arlington Properties
- Arboar Valley Development
- Vizion Driven Communities
- B.F.T. United States Stores
- Bug Busters
- Chadwell Supply, Inc
- Architectual Office of William J. Peek
- Bath Fitter
- E & A Group, Inc
- Energy Consulting
- Henderson & DeJohn
- Hill, Hill and Carter
- Housing Agency Retirement Trust
- Housing Benefits Plan
- Housing Auth Risk Retention Group-Emily Fortier
- Michael L. Lloyd, CPA
- McKee And Associates
- Ozark Housing Development
- Quadel Consulting Corporation
- SRJ Architects, Inc
When you first click the FORUM link, you will be asked to create a username and password. Your username will be displayed when you create a new question or respond to someone.
There are 2 channels created to help with organizing questions. The first is labeled General Questions and the second is Vendors/RFPs. Choose which your questions fit into best. For instance, if you want to know the name of a good pest control company, you should ask under Vendors/RFPs. If you question is related to a policy, choose to ask the question under General Questions.
Be sure to watch the video below for an overview of the Youth Sports Program.
To watch the video of the 2018 MLK Basketball Tournament in Lagrange, GA - click here.
2017-2019 AAHRA Officers & Board
President, Dannie Walker - Ozark
Vice-President, Beverly Barber - Opp
Secretary, Leigh Chappell - Hartselle
Treasurer, Carolyn Sutley - Enterprise
Lance Armstrong - Scottsboro (past President)
Felicia Snow - Prichard
Greg Price - Gadsden
Sharon Tolbert - Auburn
Ron Jones - Clanton